Batelco to upgrade data network
Manama, September 7, 2013
Batelco, the Kingdom’s leading communications services provider, said there will be an internet outage of about half an hour in each location owing to data network enhancement across its network starting from September 16.
The upgrade comes as part of Batelco's ongoing strategy to enhance its services and keep them on par with the highest international standards, said a statement from the company.
Batelco’s data network will undergo a major enhancement, starting from September 16 and will continue for a period of two months to cover all areas of Bahrain, the statement added.
The upgrade is aimed to specifically enhance Batelco’s data services such as narrow-band MPLS, Broadband, ISDN and Mobile data.
The telecom operator said its Business customers have been notified in writing. "Minimal disruption to service is anticipated as the upgrade work will take place between 12am and 6am," it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues