Qatar sports retailer picks Epicor ERP
Dubai, September 5, 2013
Qatar-based Sports Corner, a retailer of top sports and fitness brands, will integrate Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution with its existing retail point of sale (POS) solution across all of its 12 branches in the country.
Sports Corner will specifically implement Epicor ERP supply chain management and financial management modules. ICTUS Projects, a member of the Epicor Inspired Partner Network, worked with Sports Corner during the selection process and secured the Epicor ERP win, a statement said.
“Epicor ERP was the obvious choice for us because of its ability to efficiently integrate our key business processes, quickly generate reports, support our management team's decision making and strengthen our supply chain through enhanced tracking,” said Meer Hasham Ali, head of Finance for Sports Corner.
“This system will be integral to the smooth running of our retail operations across the country. Epicor ERP also stood out because of its ease of use, out-of-the-box functionality and next-generation technology.”
“Sports Corner has been a trusted name in Qatar’s sporting industry for over two decades so its adoption of Epicor ERP is a great achievement,” said Jawad Squalli, regional vice president for Epicor in the Middle East.
“Qatar is shaping up to be a major player in the region’s rapidly expanding IT space so we are eyeing strategic deployments such as this one to further strengthen our presence in the local market,” he added.
Sports Corner has been supplying Qatar’s sports and fitness industry since 1979 and represents prestigious global brands such as adidas, Champion, Paramount, Lotto, Body-Solid and Stiga.
Epicor Software Corporation is a global leader delivering business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail and services industries. The company markets a broad range of enterprise software products mainly targeted at mid-sized companies. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution