Nawras links Dalma Energy mobile rigs
Muscat, August 28, 2013
Nawras has signed an agreement with Oman-based international drilling contractor Dalma Energy, to link all the company’s land and mobile rigs in remote sites across the Sultanate to the corporate office in Muscat, using Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) solutions.
Dalma Energy owns and operates land rigs throughout the Mena region. The company uses the VSAT solution for better communications links to all sites with the majority using the technology since the end of 2012.
This service from Nawras will further enhance operations and allow for monitoring and coordination of activities at each site whileimproving efficiency, said a senior official.
Issa Al Kharusi, section head (Key Accounts) pointed out that Nawras was committed to supporting business in Oman and contributing to the prosperity and development of companies through pleasingly different communications solutions.
"VSAT uses satellites to provide connectivity in remote sites where terrestrial networks are not available, such as for oil or gas rigs in the middle of the desert,." he stated.
According to him, reliable connectivity was particularly important when operating in remote locations.
Nawras provides VSAT packages with variable speeds and pricing to suit different budgets and needs. The wide range of pleasingly different VSAT solutions are supported by excellent after sales and technical support as well as a dedicated account manager, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit