Kanoo IT awarded for Quran centres project
Manama, August 27, 2013
Kanoo Information Technology (Kanoo IT), a Bahrain-based IT services company, has been recognised for developing the electronic management system of the Quran centres by the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs.
The system, under the theme ‘Ayat,’ is an integrated electronic system for managing the Quran centres and workshops.
It works on automating current work procedures and the provision of services electronically via the Internet, by simplifying the procedures and standards; in a safe environment assuring the privacy for the system user.
President of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Shaikh Abdullah bin Khalid Al Khalifa, alongside the Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Minister, Shaikh Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa and Capital Governor, Shaikh Hisham bin Abdulrahman bin Mohammed Al Khalifa handed over the award to Kanoo IT during the 18th Bahrain Grand Holy Quran Recitation and Explanation Contest which took place at Ahmed Al Fateh Islamic Centre recently.
The Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs along with Kanoo IT has built a roadmap for “Ayat” and more enhancements are expected to come in the future to maximise the benefits of the system to its beneficiaries, said a statement.
Waleed Kanoo, general manager, said: “We are honoured to receive this award from the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs and to be part of this great project which will help serve the Holy Quran.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying