Kanoo IT awarded for Quran centres project
Manama, August 27, 2013
Kanoo Information Technology (Kanoo IT), a Bahrain-based IT services company, has been recognised for developing the electronic management system of the Quran centres by the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs.
The system, under the theme ‘Ayat,’ is an integrated electronic system for managing the Quran centres and workshops.
It works on automating current work procedures and the provision of services electronically via the Internet, by simplifying the procedures and standards; in a safe environment assuring the privacy for the system user.
President of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Shaikh Abdullah bin Khalid Al Khalifa, alongside the Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Minister, Shaikh Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa and Capital Governor, Shaikh Hisham bin Abdulrahman bin Mohammed Al Khalifa handed over the award to Kanoo IT during the 18th Bahrain Grand Holy Quran Recitation and Explanation Contest which took place at Ahmed Al Fateh Islamic Centre recently.
The Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs along with Kanoo IT has built a roadmap for “Ayat” and more enhancements are expected to come in the future to maximise the benefits of the system to its beneficiaries, said a statement.
Waleed Kanoo, general manager, said: “We are honoured to receive this award from the Ministry of Justice and Islamic Affairs and to be part of this great project which will help serve the Holy Quran.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies