Dimension Data, Citrix expand client services
Dubai, August 26, 2013
Dimension Data, a leading ICT solutions provider, has expanded its global collaboration with US-based software firm Citrix to broaden the scope of services for client computing, cloud, networking, data centre and enterprise mobility.
The two-year Global Market Acceleration agreement will see the two organisations co-invest to drive product management, sales and marketing efforts across Asia, Australia, Europe, the Americas and the Middle East & Africa.
Dimension Data will develop and integrate Citrix technologies more deeply in its existing solutions and services, all designed to meet growing client demand. Joint initiatives will be governed globally and executed locally to maximise market penetration.
Peter Menadue, Dimension Data’s general manager for Microsoft Solutions, said: “There’s been an increase in the number of clients wanting us to help them enable their mobile workforce securely, while reducing costs and complexity of managing desktops and applications. Citrix technologies will enable us to do that.”
“With Citrix bringing desktop solutions to market for a number of years now, it is very exciting to ramp up for even greater success across a wider range of solutions and services areas.”
Citrix has had a strong relationship with Dimension Data for many years, particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
“We have a natural alignment through our mutual partnerships with Microsoft and Cisco – both of which have consistently supported the expansion of the Dimension Data and Citrix relationship,” Menadue said.
Dimension Data worked with ICT at the University of Sydney to deploy software and support its networks for several years. Dimension Data has completed multiple projects and maintains a strong relationship with the university.
“We needed a system that would enable students to access a range of applications from a wide variety of locations, potentially using different devices,” said Richard O’Connor, project manager, ICT at the University of Sydney. “Dimension Data stood out because its staff listened to what the university was looking for and addressed key requirements.”
Tom Flink, VP Channels and Market Development at Citrix, said: “Dimension Data’s focus on innovation in cloud, networking and mobility mirrors our own, and makes our plans to expand our relationship an exciting opportunity for both parties. Additionally, their strong partnerships with both Microsoft and Cisco make them a unique partner to us.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit