Travelport opens new office in Iraq
Erbil, Iraq, August 21, 2013
Travelport, a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, has opened a new office in Erbil, as part of its continued Middle East expansion.
The new commercial hub will serve the travel agent community in Erbil, Sulaymaniyah and Dohuk regions, said a statement.
“The opening of the new office in Erbil reinforces Travelport’s commitment to Iraq and our passion for supporting travel agents in this important region and throughout the Middle East network,” said Rabih Saab, president and MD, Middle East and Africa.
In Iraq, Travelport is officially represented by Rawat Al Hajer Co. To mark the new office opening and to showcase Travelport’s offer in Iraq, the company organised a product road show in Erbil this month.
During the event, Travelport presented the full suite of its value-add solutions and products with emphasis on Travelport Smartpoint App – the point of sale solution, Travelport Merchandising Platform – the new airline distribution platform, and mobile and hospitality solutions. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal