Analytics software offers big data visualisation
Dubai, August 19, 2013
US-based SAS, a leader in business analytics software and solutions, offers an in-memory engine designed specifically for business visualisation of big data on general-purpose, non-proprietary hardware.
The SAS Visual Analytics combines analytics with in-memory architecture, data exploration, and the option to deliver information to a wide variety of platforms – including iPad and Android tablets, said a statement.
It runs on commodity hardware or database appliances from EMC Greenplum and Teradata, and supports increasing demands for fast answers from big data, it said.
Employees with limited or no previous experience or skills in analytics can understand and benefit from the use of Visual Analytics, as all of the complex data is integrated with a variety of user-friendly features such as on-the-fly predictions and scenarios, autocharting, “what does it mean” pop-ups, and drag-and-drop capabilities.
"Anyone in the organisation can use SAS Visual Analytics to derive insight from data, regardless of data size," said Jim Davis, SAS senior VP and chief marketing officer.
"Customers are sharing exploratory insights from the Visual Analytics among a wide range of information consumers, including executives, business users, data scientists, managers and analysts. Many SAS customers have said this is exactly the scalable visualization solution they sought," he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network