Retail leadership to help Axiom MVNO
Riyadh, August 18, 2013
The Axiom Mobile Consortium’s MVNO strategy is set to benefit from its retail influence, loyal Arab customer base and industry-leading smartphone credentials.
The consortium was recently qualified by the Saudi Communication and Information Technology Commission (CITC) for an MVNO license, and is now engaged in the final phase of the process.
Key consortium player Axiom Telecom operates retail outlets across the Kingdom, in addition to presiding over 4,000 indirect sales channels (2,000 of which are dealt with through direct distribution).
A recent Axiom survey reported satisfaction levels of 85 per cent, where 90 per cent of all customers are Saudi nationals or Arab expats.
Its MVNO strategy will also benefit from a long-standing, acclaimed track record of understanding and coping with the kingdom’s insatiable smartphone demand.
Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, said: “Clearly, our retail and distribution operations and considerable experience of dealing with Saudi consumers’ mobility needs could give us a different dimension as an operator.”
“We know how the market works, we know the needs and desires of our target audience, and we understand the ever-shifting, ever-growing potential of smart devices in shaping every-day life throughout the kingdom,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal
- Zain, Ericsson in billing partnership deal
- Inmarsat names Global Xpress VAR
- Tawasul Telecom sponsors WIBC