Acer devices to have Intel Education Software
Dubai, August 14, 2013
Acer is set to launch notebooks and tablets fitted with the Intel Education Software (IES).
The company will offer IES on the TravelMate B113 notebook and the Iconia W510/W510P tablet, with plans to expand the offering to the full line of products for the education market.
“Intel brings the expertise, technology, and robust ecosystem that provide the foundation for educators and governments to transform education and prepare their citizens to fully participate in the global economy,” said Walter Deppeler, senior corporate VP and chairman of Marketing Committee.
Acer’s Intel-based solutions offer the flexibility of an open architecture so educators can choose the peripherals, software, instructional content, and infrastructure they need, making it easy to integrate into the classroom.
IES applications include Kno Textbooks, an interactive e-Reader designed specifically for education; Lab Camera, a camera-based science exploration application; SPARKvue, a data analysis application that collects data from internal and external sensors; Media Camera, a multi-media application that enables students to capture and edit pictures and video; ArtRage, a painting and drawing digital artwork application; Classroom Management, a collaborative classroom-learning solution; and McAfee anti-virus. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi