Vodafone to add 3 countries to roaming service
Doha, August 6, 2013
Vodafone Qatar will add the US, France and Switzerland to its Vodafone Passport postpaid package later this month, offering customers a standard roaming rate of Dh75 ($0.20) per minute/SMS/MB when roaming in these countries.
This is a massive reduction to the regular rates a customer would pay when roaming. For instance, when roaming in France a customer would pay a regular rate of QR55 ($15) per MB while when activating the Passport a customer will only pay Dh75, a statement said.
This comes in addition to the 23 countries already on Vodafone Passport that also enable customers to roam for Dh75 per minute/SMS/MB; these are: UAE, Saudi Arabia, UK, India, Egypt, Germany, Turkey, Italy, Australia, Spain, New Zealand, Netherlands, Greece, South Africa, Ireland, Ghana, Romania, Czech Republic, Portugal, Hungary, Iceland, Albania, and Malta.
Vodafone Passport is a bonus that can be added for free to the Postpaid Gold Plan or above. Alternatively, customers can add the Vodafone Passport as an Extra on top of their postpaid plan for QR50 a month, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'