Etisalat launches Huawei smartphone
Dubai, July 31, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat has launched the new Huawei Ascend P6, claimed to be the world's slimmest smartphone.
The operator will offer the device exclusively from its business centres and outlets throughout August, said a statement.
The latest Android-based phone with a 6.18 mm thickness and a 4.7 –inch screen, features a 5MP front camera and an 8MP rear camera.
Etisalat will offer this phone at a price of Dh1,599 ($435) with several customer-friendly prepaid and postpaid packages all this month.
“This is a continuation of our roll-outs of exclusive offers for our customers and is aligned with our aim to be the leader in introducing new mobile smartphones in the UAE market,” said Khaled ElKhouly, chief marketing officer.
President of Huawei in the Middle East Jiao Jian said: “The calibre of performance being offered in the Ascend P6 is a clear illustration of Huawei’s intent to become one of the world’s top three smartphone brands, delivering exceptional technology at the right value to consumers. Partnering with a leading operator like Etisalat was the natural choice for tapping into their extensive customer base.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum