Samena to host regulatory summit in Kuwait
Dubai, July 31, 2013
A summit focusing on a healthy and sustainable regulatory environment for telecommunication industry stakeholders is set to be held in Kuwait.
The Regulatory Summit, themed 'Regulation 4.0', to be held on September 2 will be hosted by the South Asia – Middle East – North Africa region’s Samena Telecommunications Council in partnership with Viva Kuwait.
The discussions at the summit will revolve around finding new approaches, which improve investment activities and provide more flexibility while maintaining and fostering competition.
The topics will include regulatory trends and case studies, the opportunity to foster growth through digitisation, public private partnership to accelerate broadband development and efficient implementation of policy and regulatory frameworks.
Bocar BA, chief executive officer, Samena Council, said: “The key aspect of discussions at the summit will be on ensuring a more dynamic regulatory framework which is based on enabling a more flexible environment and promoting a sustainable market.”
“There is a need for regulations which grant access and consider the engagement of different stakeholders. With the changes in the telecom landscape the focus of national regulators has to shift towards new challenges such as quality monitoring and establishing dynamic efficiency as the centerpieces of regulatory policies and strengthening technological neutrality as a basic principle,” Bocar added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal
- Zain, Ericsson in billing partnership deal
- Inmarsat names Global Xpress VAR