Tripp Lite launches latest UPS system in GCC
Dubai, July 31, 2013
US-based Tripp Lite, a leading manufacturer of power protection equipment, has launched its latest uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems to respond to concerns affecting data centres across the GCC.
Managing the massive influx of data has become one of the major challenges facing data storage companies today, said an official.
Data centre customers require 100 per cent availability and while most facilities do aim to provide efficient and reliable service, there is also a growing clamour in the industry to reduce cost and carbon footprint, said Vipin Sharma, vice president for Mea region.
“Big data offer considerable opportunities for the corporate sector, but it also poses a challenge to data centres to manage capacity, ensure 24/7 availability, provide maximum data security and promote environmental consciousness while at the same time reducing power costs,” he said.
The systems feature remote management capability, network management system (NMS), the PowerAlert software enables data centre managers to integrate all power sources into a single console. The systems’ smart technology also features an IP-based solution, helping managers to monitor the process via the Internet, saving time and effort.
Automatic notifications are also deployed in case of exceptional conditions such as overloading, technical faults, high temperature and fire, which are critical to cost-effective means to prevent damage or loss of data. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit