Wataniya posts 20pc rise in Q2 net profit
Kuwait, July 25, 2013
Wataniya, Kuwait's second biggest telecom operator, reported a 20 per cent rise in second-quarter profit on Thursday, beating analysts' estimates.
Wataniya made a net profit of 22.91 million dinars ($80.4 million) in the three months to June 30, up from 19.08 million dinars in the same period a year ago, a statement to the stock exchange showed.
Two analysts polled by Reuters had on average forecast Wataniya would make a quarterly profit of 20.78 million dinars. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'