Samena Council, ITU to host ICT event
Kuwait, July 24, 2013
Samena Telecommunications Council and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have partnered to enhance co-operation within the information and technology community (ICT) of South Asia, Middle East and North Africa (Samena) regions, through a high-level event.
Samena and ITU will promote ITU Telecom World 2013 among all its stakeholders at a knowledge-sharing and networking event to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, from November 19 to 22.
Leading industry stakeholders from the public and private sectors, including heads of state and government, ministers, heads of UN agencies, heads of regulatory authorities, CEOs from the ICT sector, leaders, consultants, academics and digital innovators, are expected to attend.
“The ITU’s interest in using our platform to effectively support its events in the region is a positive one and augurs well for our member base who stand to benefit,” said Bocar A Ba, CEO of Samena.
“We look forward to seeing strong representation and participation from the regional ICT community at the ITU Telecom World 2013 in Thailand. This event will provide ICT players in the Samena region with the opportunity to exchange ideas, collaborate on industry issues and identify solutions with far-reaching benefits,” he added.
Samena collaborates with leading non-profit international organisations, including the International Telecommunication Union and the European Telecom Network Operators’ Association. Its current network consists of 25 countries from South Asia, Middle East and North Africa. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m