Bahrain scraps 4G auction plans
Manama, July 22, 2013
Bahrain has scrapped plans to auction off fourth generation (4G) mobile frequencies and will simply grant licences to the three existing mobile operators, a report said.
The decision was taken during the weekly Cabinet meeting, according to the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
A planned auction of 4G licences was put on hold earlier this year after Menatelecom won a court order freezing the process. The telecom firm had gone to court to contest its alleged exclusion from the bidding process. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions