Batelco hosts first business continuity forum
Manama, July 14, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain's leading telecommunications company, conducted a forum to improve understanding and implementation of best practices in the industry.
The inaugural "Business Continuity, Information Security and Risk Management Forum" was held at the company’s headquarters in Hamala.
The forum was attended by a number of Batelco’s senior management including CEO Rashid Abdulla, and experts from external companies – Protiviti, BBK and Bureau Veritas, said a statement.
Key among the goals of the forum were to improve understanding and implementation of best practices to relevant stakeholders; to improve integration and communication among assurance functions and other business units; to communicate global concern in business continuity, information security, and risk management topics; and to provide the opportunity for benchmarking Batelco practices and experiences shared by speakers, it said.
“Batelco considers business continuity, information security and risk management critical elements to ensure the delivery of telecom service in the event of disasters. Being updated and implementing up-to-date best practices and standards are crucial to Batelco,” said Abdulla.
Presentations were given by Protiviti, associate director for Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Function, Sarit Bose; Protiviti regional head of BCM Services Muhammad Ghazali; BBK head of Business Continuity Management and Governance Wasim J Malik and Bureau Veritas Management Systems practitioner Govindarajan Srinivasan, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming