Mobily launches business cloud solutions
Riyadh, July 11, 2013
Saudi-based telecommunication company Mobily has launched business cloud services for customers across all industries and sectors in the country.
The services, launched in partnership with partner Virtustream, a provider of cloud computing management software, incorporates both public and hybrid cloud models to enable enterprises to run applications including SAP, Oracle and Microsoft, said a statement.
This secure performance platform, xStream, will help reduce the total cost of ownership of enterprise IT solutions, while improving the agility and service levels, it said.
A recent study in Saudi Arabia has shown that data security and loss of control over critical IT infrastructure assets are viewed as significant barriers to cloud adoption.
The services have been designed with security, control and performance at their core and will provide significant advantages in these areas over and above a traditional infrastructure deployment. All data are stored within the kingdom and managed under Saudi Arabia data sovereignty laws, said the statement.
Mobily also provides solution experts to offer consultative and professional services to integrate distributed IT infrastructure with the Business Cloud Service, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi