Mobily launches business cloud solutions
Riyadh, July 11, 2013
Saudi-based telecommunication company Mobily has launched business cloud services for customers across all industries and sectors in the country.
The services, launched in partnership with partner Virtustream, a provider of cloud computing management software, incorporates both public and hybrid cloud models to enable enterprises to run applications including SAP, Oracle and Microsoft, said a statement.
This secure performance platform, xStream, will help reduce the total cost of ownership of enterprise IT solutions, while improving the agility and service levels, it said.
A recent study in Saudi Arabia has shown that data security and loss of control over critical IT infrastructure assets are viewed as significant barriers to cloud adoption.
The services have been designed with security, control and performance at their core and will provide significant advantages in these areas over and above a traditional infrastructure deployment. All data are stored within the kingdom and managed under Saudi Arabia data sovereignty laws, said the statement.
Mobily also provides solution experts to offer consultative and professional services to integrate distributed IT infrastructure with the Business Cloud Service, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network