IHC Dubai implements Polycom video solution
Dubai, July 4, 2013
Polycom, a unified communications and collaboration provider, has implemented its video collaboration solutions at the International Horizons College (IHC) in Dubai.
The college uses it to hold faculty meetings, interview professors and students, and create collaborative teaching programmes with colleges and universities in the US, said a statement.
The services being used include a managed Video-as-a-Service (VaaS), RealPresence HDX video systems equipped with Polycom EagleEye Director cameras in the classrooms connected to the cloud-based Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server and Polycom RSS recording and streaming software, delivered by loval partner FVC, it said.
The college is currently working on developing partnerships with colleges in the US for the benefit of students. The first partnership is with a two-year course in California to provide students with pathways into the prestigious University of California system (UC Berkeley, UCLA and six other top ranked universities).
“With Polycom video collaboration solutions in our classrooms, the possibilities are endless,” said Dr Michael Dobe, president of IHC, who actively encourages students, faculty and staff to use Polycom video collaboration solutions for co-teaching, guest lecturers, and research programmes. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president