Mobily inks $160m deal for KAEC telecom
Riyadh, July 3, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), the leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, has signed a SR600 million ($160 million) contract with Emaar Economic City to deploy and operate communication networks within King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC).
The contract was signed by Khalid Al Kaf, CEO and managing director of Mobily and KAEC CEO & MD Fahd bin Abdulmohsen Al-Rasheed.
During the eight-year period of the contract, Mobily will also provide advanced infrastructure for integrated telecommunications services on KAEC, as well as data transmission services and broadband Internet services through an advanced, secure and high reliability fibre optic network.
The company will also provide Data Centre and Smart City services, such as IPTV, as well as Ethernet VPN (L2), IP VPN (L3) Direct Internet Access (DIA), IP Transit, Broad Band at Work, and Business Connect.
Mobily will also provide communications management services, which reduce the time to install and manage telephone communications network for targeted companies in KAEC.
The funding will be self-financing and through banks as it is expected to generate revenues of about SR1.4 billion during the contract period.
King Abdullah Economic City is the largest and one of the most important economic projects run by the private sector in the Middle East. It is an integrated city built on 180 sq km with a 38 sq km waterfront. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution