Yahsat launches Yahclick in UAE
Abu Dhabi, July 1, 2013
Al Yah Satellite Communications Company (Yahsat), an Abu Dhabi-based private joint stock company fully owned by Mubadala, has launched Yahclick, its satellite broadband internet service.
YahClick will be distributed in the UAE by SkyStream, a member of the Atlas Telecom Group, and Safa Telecom, a member of the IEC Telecom Group, said a statement.
The service is available to businesses and enterprises in the country. It is set to boost connectivity in remote locations and provide reliable back-up for broadband connection to business users, it said.
Shawkat Ahmed, chief commercial officer, said: “YahClick also offers YahClick Insure, which is designed to prevent business and enterprise users from losing connectivity and provides an instant backup solution should the user’s primary link be disrupted. This innovation allows businesses to minimise potential loss of revenue or productivity risks caused by terrestrial internet outages, including those resulting from undersea fibre cable cuts.”
SkyStream and Safa Telecom are set to launch a range of cost-effective subscription plans, with broadband speeds of up to 15 mbps, said the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal