GCC reviews draft law on roaming charges cut
Manama, July 1, 2013
A draft law that aims at cutting the wholesale and retail cost of roaming within the GCC region was the focus of discussion at a regional regulators meeting held in Bahrain.
The fifth meeting of the steering committee for telecommunications and information technology of the GCC general secretariat was chaired by Telecommunications Regulatory Authority general director Mohamed Bubashait.
The committee discussed several issues related to telecommunications, regulation and technology, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
It also saw the exchange of experiences on regulatory matters between GCC countries, and joint co-ordination in terms of frequency and wireless networks.
This was part of a series of meetings of the various committees and working groups of the ministerial committee for telecommunications and information technology of the GCC general secretariat, said the report.
It was attended by representatives from telecommunications ministries and regulators in GCC countries.
The final recommendations will come up for discussion during the next meeting in September.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event