DWC wins network project award
Dubai, June 30, 2013
Dubai World Central (DWC) won the ‘Best Fixed Network Implementation Project of the Year’ award at a ceremony held recently in Dubai.
The aerotropolis hosted a special event for its employees to celebrate the honour received at the Network Middle East (NME) Innovation Awards 2013.
The event aimed to thank DWC’s internal teams and partners, including Dubai Aviation Engineering Projects (DAEP) and Smartworld. DWC provides Next Generation Network (NGN) capabilities to ICT users in its facility, said a statement.
The NGN, a gigabit-capable network infrastructure at DWC is the first of its kind ‘Open Access’ network in the region. It is based on FTTP (Fiber to the Premises) design and is capable of delivering up to 1 gigabit of bandwidth capacity to an individual office, it said.
The natural fibre network throughout DWC’s 140-sq km footprint, allows any company operating within its premises to access a range of telecom services they require from the service provider of their preference.
The fibre infrastructure included hundreds of kms of cable linking customers and plots with multi 10-gigabit core network in an MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) service provider model, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event