Samsung initiative receives 800 applications
Cairo, June 24, 2013
Entaleq, Samsung Electronics' mobile application developers initiative in Egypt, which was launched in April said it has received over 800 applications.
“Samsung launched Entaleq not only to encourage developers to utilise their innovative potential in developing applications, but to also to serve as a platform where we can provide them with several workshops and presentations that will further enhance their skills,” said Sherif Barakat, head of HHP Division at Samsung Egypt.
The company held a seminar recently to support Entaleq participants, at the Information Technology Institute (ITI).
At the seminar, it was revealed that in collaboration with the ITI, a lab space in the institute's building will be provided, where all participants can test and run their applications.
This lab has been equipped with 30 desk stations; each including one computer and one high end smartphone, it stated.
“Samsung is constantly striving to provide support for Egyptian youth in the development of local talent and provide them with the tools to successfully develop their own businesses,” said Duke Park, vice president of Samsung Egypt.
Technical insights were provided to the seminar attendees, to support them through the application development process by Raafat Khalil, solution and services manager, HHP division at Samsung Egypt, said a statement.
Samsung is also offering developers manuals and tutorials through its website, it said.
The top developers will be chosen based on a set of criteria determined by Samsung, to ensure entries are original, innovative and uniquely designed.
The deadline for the applications is June 30 and entries are required to be user friendly and offering needed services/solutions to users, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network