Lenovo launches smartphones in UAE, Saudi
Dubai, June 24, 2013
Lenovo has launched its latest smartphone portfolio of six new models, for the first time in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Consumers in the two countries will be the first in the region to avail the smartphones, designed with specific customer needs in mind. The portfolio offers a full range of carefully considered design innovations and functionality that fits every style, personality and pocket, said a statement.
The smartphones include K900 for tech-savvy power users; Lenovo P780 for the professional who demands long-lasting battery, USB on-the-go and business applications; the S920 and S820 for heavy multimedia users; and the affordable A706 and A390, it said.
Across the range, Lenovo’s engineers and designers have focused on keeping the phones thin and light without sacrificing performance. Most of the phones in the portfolio run on quad-core processors, while many of them offer dual-SIM with dual-active capabilities, said the statement.
Lenovo has signed on Jumbo Electronics and Axiom Telecoms as distributors and for after-sales support in the UAE, it said.
In Saudi Arabia, Al-Haddad Group will distribute the smartphones to independent retailers and will also offer the portfolio at its stores across the kingdom. Lenovo has also signed on Jarir Bookstores and Extra as direct partners in Saudi Arabia, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum