Etisalat to launch BlackBerry Q5 White
Dubai, June 20, 2013
UAE's leading telecom services operator Etisalat has announced pre-orders for the new LTE enabled BlackBerry Q5 White in the emirates, thus becoming one of the first operators worldwide to offer the device.
Customers have the option of pre-ordering BlackBerry Q5 in white or black from the website from tomorrow (June 21). The device will be available at Etisalat business centers and outlets from the last week of June for Dh1,499 ($408).
As an introductory offer on the purchase of the new Q5 device, Etisalat will offer 50 per cent discount on complete, unlimited and global BlackBerry packages for 3 months. The new or existing customers would pay Dh40 per month for complete package, Dh93 per month for unlimited and Dh150 per month on global packages, said a statement from the UAE telecom operator.
The new youthful BlackBerry Q5 smartphone features a Qwerty. Every feature of the BlackBerry Q5 has been built to provide a fast, effortless experience that flows and moves to help you explore, create, and share while on the go.
Khaled ElKholy, the chief marketing officer, Etisalat said: "The global launch of BlackBerry Q5 has set a benchmark for UAE showcasing the popularity and demand for BlackBerry devices."
"The re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform offers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience. It gives you a faster and smarter experience that continuously adapts to your needs. Every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep you moving forward towards your goal," he stated.
"Etisalat is a pioneer in launching devices and providing access to the latest technology in the country; therefore it is a privilege to be chosen by BlackBerry to be part of the global launch of Q5," added ElKholy.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite