Microsoft announces IT contest winners
Muscat, June 19, 2013
Microsoft announced the winners of the two pioneering education initiatives in Oman, ‘KuduKup competition’ and the ‘Innovate, Teach, Inspire’ project.
The competitions were held in collaboration with the Ministry of Education.
KoduKup competition was designed for students, aged 10 to 18, to design, build and submit their own video games using the Microsoft Kodu Game Lab software, which is an easy-to-use game design tool that promotes interest in future careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
This year’s KoduKup winning team comprises of Ohood Al Yafei (teacher), Shaimaa Hassan (student), Rawan Al Yafei (student) and Ganahat Khalid (student).
As part of the “Innovate, Teach, Inspire (ITI)” project, 60 master teachers were trained on the 'Windows in the Classroom' curriculum and the 21st Century Learning Design: Learning activities embedding 21st Century Skills.
Three teachers, Ohood Al Yafei, Fahad Bin Nasser Bin Ahmed Alglendani and HananAlmamari, were awarded for their 'Virtual Classroom Tour' project.
Issa Khalfan Al Anqoudi, the deputy director, Educational Technology Department, e-learning section, Ministry of Education lauded the winners on their achievements and said: “They have all gained valuable experience in utilising IT in the learning / teaching process and we hope to see more initiatives and constructive partnerships with giant companies such as Microsoft.” - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit