HP launches new POS solution
Dubai, June 11, 2013
HP has launched a new point of sale (POS) solution, to help retail and hospitality businesses to enhance customer experience and maximise staff productivity.
The HP ElitePad Mobile POS Solution, which is composed of the HP ElitePad plus the HP Retail Jacket for ElitePad, will allow businesses to meet customer needs anywhere in the store with mobile POS and assisted selling capabilities. It will integrate into a retailer’s existing IT infrastructure, saving time and money by allowing them to easily connect to store systems.
“Consumers expect the same personalised experience they get online or on their mobile device in a retailer’s brick-and-mortar store,” said Kobi Elbaz, director, Commercial and Retail Solutions, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP EMEA.
“With the HP ElitePad Mobile POS Solution, store managers and associates are empowered to move the sale from behind the counter, giving them the ability to assist the customer right on the sales floor for immediate customer satisfaction.”
About 57 per cent of retailers plan to implement tablets in their store in the next 12-36 months, citing consumer engagement as the top priority, according to a recent report.
The POS solution includes 1D/2D barcode scanner and three-track encrypted bi-directional magnetic stripe reader (MSR) for a fully integrated design with built-in POS functionality, integrated detachable hand strap, and an optional secondary battery, which will enable it to operate for extended hours.
The HP ElitePad is available now in EMEA, and the HP Retail Jacket for ElitePad will be available in EMEA from September. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit