Zain launches share sale of Iraqi unit
Dubai, June 4, 2013
Kuwait telecom operator Zain will set up a holding company through which it will offer a quarter of its stake in its Iraqi unit to the public, it said on Tuesday.
Zain Iraq must float a quarter of its shares and list on the Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) as part of its $1.25 billion licence, as were Iraq's two other national operators.
Under plans announced on Tuesday, Zain will set up a holding company, named "Khatam Communications" to hold its Iraqi operations and will offer 55.9 million shares at one dinar each in the firm. The offer period starts on June 4 and will run for 30 days, Zain said in a bourse statement.
Once the process is complete, the new holding company will get the necessary approvals to commence the initial public offering of 25 percent stake in Zain Iraq at a later time, Zain said.
Zain said it was setting up a holding company as Iraqi laws did not allow foreign-owned companies to list on the Iraq stock exchange.
The telco may be the sole seller in its Iraqi unit's IPO which could substantially cut its stake while maintaining its majority control. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network