Du names new COO in revamp
Dubai, June 2, 2013
UAE telecom company du has revamped its organisational structure with the appointment of Farid Faraidooni as it chief operations officer (COO).
The company has also appointed Fahad Al Hassawi as the chief commercial officer (CCO).
Both appointments will be effective as of June 1, it said.
Prior to this new role, Faraidooni held the position of chief commercial officer, while Al Hassawi moves to his new role from his earlier position as chief human resources and shared services officer.
“On behalf of the Board, I would like to congratulate Farid and Fahad on their new roles. As members of a strong leadership team, they will drive our company through this exciting new phase of growth and into the future. This year, we will focus on maximizing shareholder returns and share equity while meeting stakeholder expectations, improving productivity and profitability,” said Ahmad Bin Byat, chairman, du.
Osman Sultan, CEO, du, said: “We are entering our next phase of business, and in preparation for this we are focusing on providing challenging opportunities for the next generation of Emirati leadership to step up and guide our company to further success. Within our company we are cultivating a culture of opportunity, through which we are nurturing talented UAE nationals by offering them experience within different leadership roles. This will encourage a more dynamic, multi-faceted approach as our company continues to develop and grow in the years to come.”
The statement said du has recently put in place a new organisation structure that is built on the following features:
• Sharpen leadership focus on segments to deliver enhanced value to various needs of customers. B2B and B2C departments are elevated in the organisation to bring customer-centric tailor-made value adding products to both Consumers and Businesses in the UAE.
• Deliver enhanced value to customers by further improving the efficiencies. An Operations division has been created, consolidating all pillars that enable end-to-end customer delivery and drive efficiencies. The Operations division will integrate Operations Planning, Product Engineering, IT, Network, Customer Operations, and Technology Security Risk and Fraud Management under one business vertical.
• Du has always believed in building the best capabilities to service its customers. To achieve this objective, the company has constantly hired talented employees and aligned with global partners to bring superior expertise and efficiency in delivering its services and products. du will continue to pursue these efforts. Some of the global partners that du has engaged with in this regard since 2011 include Alcatel Lucent, Huawei, Ericsson, IBM and TCS.
• Du is committed to contributing to the vision of UAE leadership in nurturing, hiring, developing and promoting Emirati talent. In a continuation of this journey, du is further investing in its in-house UAE National employees to create future leaders. The company has enhanced its efforts in hiring more Emirati talent, which have already placed du at 32 per cent Emiratisation, with 42 per cent in senior management positions. du is committed to enhancing these efforts and improving Emiratisation levels increasing the percentage of Emiratis 3 per cent year on year.
Other significant movement within the organisation sees Hatem Bamatraf appointed as executive vice president, Enterprise; Saleem Albalooshi appointed as executive vice president, customer operations, and acting vice president, Network Development and Operations; Walid Kamal appointed as senior vice president, Information Technology; and Marwan Bin Dalmook appointed as vice president, technology security, risk and fraud management. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network