VIVA backs global telecom conference
Manama, June 2, 2013
VIVA Bahrain, the newest player in the Bahrain telecom sector, has signed up as the platinum sponsor for the annual 'Telecoms World Middle East 2013 (TWME)' to be held in Dubai this September under the theme of Opportunity, Innovation and Strategy.
The three-day event will bring together more than 600 delegates including 200 leading operators from the region to discuss the main topics in the telecommunications sphere including LTE technology, networks, enterprise and investment.
Additionally, operators and leading industry suppliers will get the opportunity to explore, discuss and redesign the telecoms agenda of the future, while solidifying the framework of how operators can remain at the epicentre of human connectivity.
"We are pleased with the high-level association VIVA has with Telecoms World Middle East this year," said VIVA chief commercial officer Andrew Hanna.
"The event will provide a suitable platform for us to interact and share experiences with industry peers and regional counterparts.
"The telecom industry in Bahrain has grown 10 per cent year-on-year since 2010, positioning the country as a significant force among the region's key telecommunications' players. Through this sponsorship we aim to further enhance Bahrain's leading positioning in the regional telecoms arena", he added.
"We are delighted to welcome VIVA Bahrain as a platinum sponsor of this year's event," said event organiser Terrapinn general manager Matthew Wallhead.
"Their commitment to innovation, market growth and customer experience are perfectly aligned with the theme of this year's show."
Key highlights of the event also include the Telecoms World Awards where the industry's leading organisations will be recognised for their outstanding achievements which have positively contributed to the development of the telecoms industry in the Middle East.
The awards aim to showcase organisations which have demonstrated unparalleled ability to succeed and have continuously set standards of excellence.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit