CEM installs security system at Khalifa Port
Belfast, May 30, 2013
CEM Systems, part of Tyco Security Products, has secured a major project to install a security management system at the Khalifa Port in Abu Dhabi.
The CEM AC2000 SE (Standard Edition) system was installed by CEM approved reseller Tyco Fire & Security UAE.
Khalifa Port, the gateway to Abu Dhabi, was officially opened in December 2012 and will become one of the biggest ports in the world when all phases are completed, said a statement.
“CEM is delighted to be involved in one of the UAE’s most prestigious infrastructure projects. With our many years experience in both the port and airport sector, CEM has provided a sophisticated security solution for Khalifa Port,” said Philip Verner, regional sales director.
"This was an exciting yet challenging project for CEM who delivered not one but two systems for the Port; AC2000 & a highly customised Gate Management System, providing high level integration to multiple port security systems to ensure the monitoring and control of vehicles coming onsite," he added.
The AC2000 Gate Management Solution integrates with a number of third party systems, all interfaced to ensure multiple checks are made before a vehicle can enter site. The driver firstly swipes their card then Passive or Active long range RFID tags are used on trucks and light vehicles and then finally ANPR License Plate Recognition is used and the gate opens. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit