CEM installs security system at Khalifa Port
Belfast, May 30, 2013
CEM Systems, part of Tyco Security Products, has secured a major project to install a security management system at the Khalifa Port in Abu Dhabi.
The CEM AC2000 SE (Standard Edition) system was installed by CEM approved reseller Tyco Fire & Security UAE.
Khalifa Port, the gateway to Abu Dhabi, was officially opened in December 2012 and will become one of the biggest ports in the world when all phases are completed, said a statement.
“CEM is delighted to be involved in one of the UAE’s most prestigious infrastructure projects. With our many years experience in both the port and airport sector, CEM has provided a sophisticated security solution for Khalifa Port,” said Philip Verner, regional sales director.
"This was an exciting yet challenging project for CEM who delivered not one but two systems for the Port; AC2000 & a highly customised Gate Management System, providing high level integration to multiple port security systems to ensure the monitoring and control of vehicles coming onsite," he added.
The AC2000 Gate Management Solution integrates with a number of third party systems, all interfaced to ensure multiple checks are made before a vehicle can enter site. The driver firstly swipes their card then Passive or Active long range RFID tags are used on trucks and light vehicles and then finally ANPR License Plate Recognition is used and the gate opens. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman