Amman to host convergence summit
Amman, May 28, 2013
Delegates from the telecom industry will meet to discuss about the state and future of the industry across the Arab region, in a summit in Amman, starting on June 3.
The two-day 10th Convergence Summit, organised by the Arab Advisors Group will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel under the patronage of Princess Sumaya Bint El Hassan, president of the Royal Scientific Society, said a statement.
The summit comes as telecom and media operators in the region capitalise on the growth of broadband users in the Arab world with its implications for social media adoption and the emergence of regional and local content as well as multiscreen offerings by telecom and media companies.
The discussion panels will focus on the state of the industry globally and regionally, the future of telecom services and media consumption in the region, the role of startups and industry incumbents, cloud computing trends, and strategies for broadcast, online and social media, a statement said.
In addition, the summit speakers will address important topics governing the industry, which include the role of technology vendors in the ecosystem, the dynamics of supply and demand, demand for VSAT services by telecom operators, the broadband markets in the region and their role in enabling the convergence ecosystem, as well as digital content, mobile and e-commerce and payments, it added.
The delegates will interact with an array of 58 speakers during the summit. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network