Samsung PC market share up in GCC
Manama, May 27, 2013
Samsung Electronics has increased its market share in the PC monitor category across the GCC, said a report.
According to market research firm IDC, in Bahrain, Samsung achieved a 31.19 per cent market share and a growth rate of 119.85 per cent from fourth quarter of 2011 to fourth quarter last year.
Samsung achieved 42.21 per cent market share in Qatar and 32.11 per cent in Kuwait securing the leading position in these markets.
The company also reported healthy growth in these markets with 130.89 per cent growth in Qatar and 72.96 per cent in Kuwait.
Additionally, Samsung performed exceptionally well in the rest of the GCC with IDC reporting a 19.01 per cent market share in the UAE, which equated to 114.12 per cent growth.
In Oman, the company solidified a 25.22 per cent market share with a growth rate of 76.15 per cent.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Samsung Electronics |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels