BlackBerry Q5 launched
Waterloo, Ontario, May 27, 2013
BlackBerry has launched the Q5, a BlackBerry 10 smartphone for selected markets. It features a qwerty keyboard and a 3.1" touchscreen.
The highlights of the BlackBerry Q5 include time shift mode and story maker to weave together photos, videos and music into a movie, BBM video with screen share to have face-to-face coversations and share the screen, a photo or a web page, and BlackBerry hub for messages and social conversations, said a statement.
“BlackBerry is excited to bring a new BlackBerry qwerty smartphone, the BlackBerry Q5, to our customers in selected markets around world,” said Thorsten Heins, president and CEO. “The BlackBerry Q5 gives you the best of everything with its cutting-edge BlackBerry 10 functionality and a physical qwerty keyboard. It is for youthful fans that are passionate, confident and bold, and it makes it easy for them to have fun, create, share and stay connected.”
The new BlackBerry Q5 smartphone will be available in selected markets in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia (including the Asia Pacific region), and Latin America, with expected availability beginning in July, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security