Batelco starts credit transfer service
Manama, May 27, 2013
Bahrain’s leading mobile services provider Batelco has announced a new service for its prepaid SimSim customers which allows them to transfer mobile credit from their prepaid accounts to international mobile accounts within the network global coverage.
The credit, which can be transferred from any handset, can be used for voice, SMS, Data and international calls by the recipient, said a statement from Batelco.
Batelco Group GM Ahmed Al Janahi said the new service was designed to meet the requirement of prepaid mobile subscribers, as it allows for the transfer of small amounts of credit which makes it an ideal small gift for family and friends.
“We are very pleased to provide this enhancement for our loyal customers who already hold SimSim lines and we also welcome new customers to subscribe and benefit from such a convenient service,” he stated.
"With this, sending the credit to family or friends overseas will become easy and quick to do. Simply send a text message which includes the word “Send” followed by the international country code and phone number of the receipant to 4944," said Al Janahi.
“We place the needs of our customers as a key priority and listen to their feedback in order to deliver products and services that improve their communication facilities,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network