Batelco starts credit transfer service
Manama, May 27, 2013
Bahrain’s leading mobile services provider Batelco has announced a new service for its prepaid SimSim customers which allows them to transfer mobile credit from their prepaid accounts to international mobile accounts within the network global coverage.
The credit, which can be transferred from any handset, can be used for voice, SMS, Data and international calls by the recipient, said a statement from Batelco.
Batelco Group GM Ahmed Al Janahi said the new service was designed to meet the requirement of prepaid mobile subscribers, as it allows for the transfer of small amounts of credit which makes it an ideal small gift for family and friends.
“We are very pleased to provide this enhancement for our loyal customers who already hold SimSim lines and we also welcome new customers to subscribe and benefit from such a convenient service,” he stated.
"With this, sending the credit to family or friends overseas will become easy and quick to do. Simply send a text message which includes the word “Send” followed by the international country code and phone number of the receipant to 4944," said Al Janahi.
“We place the needs of our customers as a key priority and listen to their feedback in order to deliver products and services that improve their communication facilities,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m