Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
Tokyo, May 23, 2013
Yokogawa America, a subsidiary of Yokogawa Electric Corporation, has signed a partnership agreement with Petróleo Brasileiro (Petrobras), a major oil company, on the evaluation of field wireless technology.
Through this partnership, Yokogawa will provide Petrobras technical support on the use of field wireless communications based on the ISA100.11a*1, the industrial automation wireless communications standard and have the opportunity to demonstrate its field wireless products at the company’s test plant.
Yokogawa will utilise this partnership with Petrobras to expand its provision of field wireless technology solutions to production plant operators around the world, a statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'