SAP holds key event in Kuwait
Kuwait, May 19, 2013
Germany-based SAP, a leading business software company, recently hosted a major event for chief information officers (CIOs) in Kuwait.
The event was also attended by Frank Marcus Mann, the German Ambassador to Kuwait.
“SAP’s investment in Kuwait is hugely welcome, and is set to play a vital part in the country’s development and economic diversification,” said Mann.
Kuwait represents SAP’s third largest market in the Gulf region. According to Business Monitor International, the country’s 2013 IT spending is set to reach $978 million – a four per cent rise that has been fuelled by oil prices and government investment.
Outside of the business arena, SAP aims to boost local knowledge and stoke vocational skill sets through initiatives like the SAP University Alliance (UAP), which provides faculties with the tools and resources needed to teach students how technology can help enable integrated business processes and strategic thinking.
Supporting existing business, engineering and IT programs, the UAP provides hands-on experience of key SAP technologies, including enterprise resource planning (ERP), and puts theory into practice through demonstrations, case studies and research.
The UAP currently counts 31 members across the Middle East and Africa (Mena) region, and the company aims to double that figure within the next four years.
“Every day we are growing stronger in Kuwait,” said Gergi Abboud, managing director, SAP Gulf. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services