Thuraya forms new innovation department
Dubai, May 16, 2013
Thuraya Telecommunications has announced the formation of a new division focused on spearheading strategic initiatives for the development and implementation of innovation in products, services, and business models.
This organisational enhancement comes at the back of the successful launch of the company’s SatSleeve for the iPhone and is driven by its ambitions to further pioneer state-of-the-art solutions in the satellite industry, a statement from the company said.
Thuraya recently underwent a major transformation which has included an expansion of its product portfolio, an optimisation of its network infrastructure as well as the revitalisation and expansion of its distribution network in key markets.
Due to the strategic importance of this new role, it will be filled on an interim basis by the company’s CEO, Samer Halawi, until a suitable candidate is recruited, the statement said.
The new head of innovation will report to the CEO and serve as a key member of the executive team. Global recruitment efforts to find a suitable candidate are underway.
“Thuraya demonstrated its ability to buck the trend and deliver outstanding growth in a stagnant industry despite a tough economic climate. We have ambitions to further grow our business by being at the forefront of innovation,” Halawi said.
“We are proud of our legacy in delivering the best-quality mobile satellite products and services and we intend to take our product and service offering to the next level in our commitment to continue to drive innovation in the satellite industry,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m