Batelco names SMS challenge winners
Manama, May 14, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, has announced the winners in the first week of its popular SMS challenge which is back with massive cash prizes.
The challenge, which began on April 29, will run for 88 days until July 25.
Throughout the competition period there will be numerous opportunities for customers to win cash prizes from $500 up to $50,000 as part of the total prize fund of $162,000.
In total, there will be 64 daily winners of $500 cash prizes, 11 weekly winners of $2,500 cash prizes and one lucky winner who will walk away with the grand prize of $50,000 on July 25.
Additionally, an extra prize of $25,000 will be awarded mid-way through the challenge and furthermore, each week, $2,500 will be awarded to the participant with the highest number of accumulated points for that week.
For week one, the daily winners of $500 each are Danilo Anchita, Alsayed Saeed Mohd, Ahmed Abdulrahman Buali, Nabeel Ahmed and Abdulrahman Albuflasa. Albuflasa was the lucky winner as in addition to the daily prize he was also the winner of $2,500 for the most accumulated points. The winner of the $2,500 weekly prize in the lucky draw was Ahmed Ebrahim Shehabi.
Batelco’s customers can participate in the challenge by sending ‘B’ to 95555 to receive quiz questions and mobile content as well as music from Sama3ni for every SMS sent.
For each correct answer, the participants will earn 20 points, while incorrect or invalid answers will give them 10 points. Cost of participation is 490 fils ($1.28) per SMS. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement