Mackeen, Vodafone Qatar ink strategic tie-up
Doha, May 13, 2013
Mackeen Technology, a top technology company in Qatar, and Vodafone Qatar have formed a strategic partnership to deploy corporate business solutions targeting Qatar’s Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
Under the terms of the partnership, Vodafone will leverage Mackeen’s extensive ties with the local SME sector to roll out its new business solutions.
An estimated 98 per cent of companies in Qatar are classified as SMEs, making the sector an important market for auxiliary industries such as telecommunications.
A survey of Small Office, Home Office (SOHO) and SME representatives shows that demand for video conferencing and mobile data in particular continues to grow. The run-up to the FIFA World Cup 2022 which Qatar will be hosting is expected to charge the business climate even further and present greater growth opportunities for SMEs.
“Qatar’s thriving SME sector is definitely a priority growth area for supportive industries, especially now that the domestic business scene is booming due to developments such as the FIFA World Cup and progress on Qatar National Vision 2030,” said Salman Kaldari, CEO of Mackeen Technology.
“We commend Vodafone Qatar for coming up with a unique mobility package that enables SMEs to take advantage of these buoyant times. By using our industry connections Vodafone is broadening the reach of its latest offering.”
Niraj Singh, director of Vodafone Business Services, said: “Vodafone is committed to serving the SME sector in Qatar by offering solutions that can transform their businesses. Through its excellent reputation and strong ties among Qatar’s key industry movers, Mackeen Technology is an ideal partner for us to further broaden the reach of our latest corporate offering.”
The partnership with Vodafone Qatar comes in addition to Mackeen Technology’s string of major projects over the past months. The company has deployed various technology solutions for Diyar, the upcoming Lusail City, Banana Island, Kempinski Residences & Suites Doha, , and Alfardan Jewelry. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit