Nawras wins top Pan Arab awards
Muscat, May 12, 2013
Oman-based Nawras’ new website has won the gold award in the telecommunications category at the 10th Pan Arab Web Awards where its CEO Ross Cormack, was named Telecommunications Man of the Year, for the second time.
The awards were presented during a ceremony held at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai after a panel of judges reviewed and evaluated over 700 websites, a statement from the company said.
“Providing a rewarding customer experience is our top priority. Consistency in delivering pleasingly different service across all platforms is paramount and this is what we aimed to achieve with our new and exciting website. Whether you visit our stores, speak to our customer contact centre or browse our website, we want you to enjoy a fun, informative, helpful and enjoyable experience,” Cormack said.
“The new look, feel and functionality of our website is a fantastic reflection of the enthusiasm and passion we share for serving customers in the very best way we can.”
“While I am delighted and greatly honoured to receive the Telecommunications Man of the Year award, this accolade is really in recognition of the tremendous teamwork and dedication of the entire Nawras family and accordingly, I would like to share this award with everyone at Nawras,” he said.
The website is one of the many ways the company aims to engage customers in a pleasingly different manner, the statement said. Recognised for ease of navigation and convenience as well as appealing design features, the new website allows customers to more easily view its growing range of products, promotions and great value offers.
Features include full social media integration with the official Nawras Facebook and Twitter page to share links and interact with friends as well as directly with the company.
A new addition to the website is the ReadSpeaker tool to provide greater accessibility for customers who prefer listening to the content, the statement said.
As the company continues to stride ahead with its extensive network turbocharging programme, the website also enables customers to check 3G+ and new 4G network coverage areas in addition to identifying their nearest Nawras store and self-service machine through the interactive online map.
By utilising the latest technology to suit the ever-growing needs of customers, Nawras continues to make communications easier, and a more versatile and rewarding experience to enhance the daily life of people in Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution