SAP offers managed cloud service option
Dubai, May 12, 2013
SAP, a market leader in enterprise application software, has launched the SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud service designed to offer a new deployment option to gain value from the innovation of SAP Hana, the in-memory platform.
Going forward, running mission-critical SAP ERP, SAP CRM, SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse and new and unprecedented applications powered by SAP Hana will be possible as a managed cloud service with elastic petabyte scale.
SAP aims to enable organizations to realize faster time-to-value coupled with lower total cost of ownership, and enjoy flexibility and reliability from the world’s leading enterprise application software provider.
“With SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud, we are addressing a fundamental customer need that we have seen since we first launched Hana,” said Dr Vishal Sikka, member of the Executive Board of SAP, Technology and Innovation.
“Customers want more and more options in how they take advantage of the value SAP Hana brings. With the SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud, we are delivering Hana at scale with instant value and no compromise. We are simplifying customers’ experience and expanding their choice in how they want to adopt SAP Hana, now bringing it to a massive scale for enterprise mission critical applications – and we are doing this without disruption through the cloud.”
SAP plans to deliver the SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud along with its partners in an “open + us” strategy, he added.
SAP intends to adapt this open ecosystem strategy with its managed service providers to offer the capabilities of SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud from their data centers, as well as from multiple SAP data centers worldwide.
“SAP and Intel have a long history of joint innovation and a shared vision of delivering the powerful in-memory platform SAP Hana to all server customers, including those utilizing the cloud,” said Diane Bryant, senior vice-president and general manager, Data Centers and Connected Systems Group, Intel.
“As a result, SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud running on the Intel Xeon processor E7 family will provide our customers with the opportunity to deploy mission-critical solutions powered by SAP Hana with cloud simplicity. We look forward to furthering our collaboration with SAP as the SAP Hana Enterprise Cloud takes customers to the next level of scale, security and reliability,’ she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit