Comstor, Panduit ink distribution deal
Dubai, May 12, 2013
Comstor, the distribution arm for Cisco, has signed a contract with Panduit Corp, a global leader in unified physical infrastructure-based solutions, for the distribution of modular solutions optimised for free deployment of data centers.
“A number of enterprises in the Middle East are building their data centers from ground up. Since they are not tasked with overhauling legacy systems, they can focus on deploying technologies that will help them see long term rewards from their investments,” said Renton D'Souza, divisional director at Comstor.
“We believe in empowering customers with end-to-end data center solutions and our partnership with Panduit furthers our ability to deliver this fully-integrated data center vision. The new relationship is focused on helping us enhance the reliability and profitability for our channel partners and customers in the evolving data center and cloud computing market.”
Panduit is a leading vendor for physical infrastructure systems and provides products like energy efficient switch & server cabinets, copper and fiber high speed data transport solutions, intelligent software and services and pre-configured infrastructures.
As per the agreement, Comstor can now offer Panduit's Nexus, Cat6k and UCS pre-configured cabinet solutions, and switch and server cabinets for Cisco UCS deployment. For physically connectivity within the datacenter, the distributor will offer Panduit's QSFP and SFP+ copper cables, small diameter patch cords and fiber-optic solutions.
Customers will also be able to monitor energy consumption for both new and existing data center deployments by utilizing Panduit's rack energy monitoring solutions. In addition, Comstor will distribute Panduit's internal and external enclosures for Cisco Wireless Access Points and will offer the vendor's software and services solutions for data center environments.
“Companies like Panduit are changing the face of the data centre - enabling users to better connect with, manage and automate the physical infrastructure,” said Russell Blackburn, European Data Centre director, Comstor.
“As Comstor boasts the market’s most in-depth experience on Cisco data centre technology distribution, together we can help customers realize the power of dynamic cloud computing infrastructures.”
Under terms of the agreement, Comstor will deliver these technologies to its broad range of partners across the Middle East, backed by the distributor’s world-class implementation, integration and training services. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya