Etisalat launches international credit transfer
Dubai, May 6, 2013
Etisalat, one of the leading telecom operators in the Middle East and Africa, has introduced international credit transfer, facilitating its Wasel and Ahlan prepaid customers to transfer airtime to any prepaid account globally.
Customers are currently able to transfer balance between local mobile accounts, a statement from the company said. This functionality is now enhanced as Etisalat is connected to more than 170 mobile network operators across 70 countries. Subscribers can access the credit transfer by sending an SMS to 1700 with the recipient’s mobile phone number.
Users immediately receive a message with instructions to complete the transaction. This is followed by a reply from the recipient’s operator detailing the various denominations available to be transferred to the number.
Khaled ElKhouly, chief marketing officer, Etisalat said: “The international credit transfer is designed understanding the growing need of the expat community of gifting airtime to their loved ones back home or recharging their own prepaid account while roaming in UAE. It was essential to offer value to the recipient and the sender guaranteeing security and privacy of the transaction.”
EtisalatWasel/Ahlan subscribers can conduct up to 10 transactions a month and three a week to any prepaid mobile account in the world. Users can transfer maximum credit of Dh300 per transaction and Dh500 in a month. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'