Batelco seals ABS teleport services deal
Manama, May 4, 2013
Bahrain's leading telecommunications company Batelco has signed an agreement with Asia Broadcast Satellite (ABS), one of the fastest growing premium satellite operators in the world, for its teleport services.
This agreement is part of Batelco’s ongoing efforts to expand its network of partners across the globe to achieve its ultimate goal of providing its customers with the latest and most advanced telecommunications and information technologies, said a company statement.
As a leading player in the telecommunications industry, Batelco provides full teleport services backed up with reliable telecommunications solutions to support the global requirements of its customers. This deal will help reinforce the teleport, telecommunications and hosted services provided by Batelco to support ABS services, it added.
Commenting on the tieup, Batelco general manager Enterprise Division, Adel Daylami said, “This agreement will strengthen the relationship between Batelco and ABS, and open up new horizons of cooperation between the two companies regionally and globally.”
“Batelco offers a range of services with reliable connectivity and bespoke solutions to support ABS’s operations worldwide. This collaboration will further develop the required infrastructure for ABS to support their growing business,” observed Daylami.
ABS chief executive officer said Batelco’s vast experience and excellent expertise in teleport services and communication information technology make it the right choice for any organisation looking for enhanced and reliable services that will help to optimise the operation of their business.
“We look forward to working more closely with Batelco to ensure the continued delivery of performance, reliability and innovations of its services to its partners and customers,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband