Etisalat wins top regional CSR award
Abu Dhabi, May 2, 2013
Etisalat, a leading telecom operator in the region, was recently awarded the Best CSR Practices Award during the recent GCC Corporate Social Responsibility Conference held in Abu Dhabi.
Amal Al Koos, director, Ayaadi, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiative of Etisalat UAE, received the award honouring the company’s continuous efforts in supporting youth empowerment and education. The conference was organised under the auspices of the UAE Red Crescent.
Al Koos said: “At Etisalat, we believe the next generation will drive progress in UAE society, and thus investing in their education is always the right decision.”
Etisalat’s contributions towards education in the UAE include its Ershaad mentoring scheme, which helps to train schools-based employment counsellors, improving the IT infrastructure connecting schools to its fiber optic network and establishing an electronic library of approved texts to help promote reading.
All these projects help in the building of a knowledge-based society, harnessing technology for the benefit of education.
The conference underlined the importance of CSR in the GCC area and helped promote new economic models for the betterment of society.
Dr Mohammad Al Falahi, secretary general of UAE Red Crescent, also stated that corporate social responsibility needs to be a permanent item on the agendas of all companies in the UAE, adding that everyone in society should contribute through donations, money and efforts. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement