Etisalat wins top regional CSR award
Abu Dhabi, May 2, 2013
Etisalat, a leading telecom operator in the region, was recently awarded the Best CSR Practices Award during the recent GCC Corporate Social Responsibility Conference held in Abu Dhabi.
Amal Al Koos, director, Ayaadi, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiative of Etisalat UAE, received the award honouring the company’s continuous efforts in supporting youth empowerment and education. The conference was organised under the auspices of the UAE Red Crescent.
Al Koos said: “At Etisalat, we believe the next generation will drive progress in UAE society, and thus investing in their education is always the right decision.”
Etisalat’s contributions towards education in the UAE include its Ershaad mentoring scheme, which helps to train schools-based employment counsellors, improving the IT infrastructure connecting schools to its fiber optic network and establishing an electronic library of approved texts to help promote reading.
All these projects help in the building of a knowledge-based society, harnessing technology for the benefit of education.
The conference underlined the importance of CSR in the GCC area and helped promote new economic models for the betterment of society.
Dr Mohammad Al Falahi, secretary general of UAE Red Crescent, also stated that corporate social responsibility needs to be a permanent item on the agendas of all companies in the UAE, adding that everyone in society should contribute through donations, money and efforts. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award