Viva, Microsoft launch first Windows 8 app
Manama, April 29, 2013
Viva, the newest player in the Bahrain telecom sector, has joined hands with Microsoft to launch a new application (app) designed exclusively for VIVA on Windows 8 user friendly interface.
Both companies worked closely on the creation of an innovative app that allows Viva’s customers to fully experience and enjoy remote access to its portfolio of products and services, providing an enhanced customer experience.
Andrew Hanna, VIVA CCO said, "Through our partnership with Microsoft we continue leading the path of innovation in Bahrain’s telecom market. Viva Windows 8 app will enable our customers to perform multiple functions and choose plans or new devices best suited to their needs."
"It also offers them the option to browse through new promotions, select a number of their choice based on availability and pay their bills; all of these, with convenient access from anywhere and at any time. Microsoft’s world-leading operating system and platform’s capabilities allow us to continue strengthening our customer service and the experience we provide to our customers at all touch points,” stated Hanna.
Tareq Hijazi, the regional country manager of Microsoft Bahrain & Oman said, “We are thrilled to partner with Viva to launch the region’s first Telecom consumer App on Windows 8. This collaboration comes as part of our commitment to supporting our business partners on their quest for superior customer-centric offerings.”
He further explained how Windows 8 is driving the pace of innovation. The Viva App, stated Hijazi, was an excellent example of how Windows 8 enables companies to offer their customers new and immersive experiences, based on Windows 8’s unique and distinctive user interactions and features like the live tiles that place new content at consumers’ fingertips.
The new apps will be initially available at Viva’s flagship store in Bahrain City Center and then progressively introduced in all its retail outlets.
The Viva’s Windows 8 app will be released in three versions, a Windows 8 store app for users at home, a touch screen and a Windows 8 tablets version for VIVA’s stores, said Hijazi.
The new app will be available for download on the Microsoft store by end of May which currently has over 100,000 apps available for download. It adds to Viva’s expanding portfolio of customer-centric innovations, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m