Nawras wins big at Oman Web Awards
Muscat, April 28, 2013
Nawras, an Ooredoo company and a top telco in Oman, has picked up four trophies at the recent Oman Web Awards in Muscat.
Nawras was honoured with the Diamond Award for Website of the Year for the recently launched and enhanced Nawras.om website.
Competition included a total of 300 entries competing in 26 categories. Nawras picked up the top award for the second year running.
Nawras also received Gold Awards in the ‘Software & Telecommunication (ICT)’ category while the Nawras sister site, Shababiah.om, also struck Gold in the ‘Services’ category. Nawras also received the Gold Award in the ‘.om extension’ category for Nawras.om.
Nawras CEO Ross Cormack congratulated Idris Al-Balushi, Nawras online manager, and the entire team for their dedication and efforts in building the company’s new and exciting website.
“We always seek new and innovative ways to make life easier and enhance the customer experience,” Cormack said.
“Our new website allows customers to easily view our range of great value products and the latest promotions and offers using a larger display area, with full social media integration to share links and interact with friends as well as directly with Nawras. The design of our new site reflects the incredible enthusiasm we put into providing customers with the best access to our pleasingly different services through a vibrant new online portal.”
The new Nawras website mirrors the zonal approach of the new stores to clearly and effectively showcase the full range of Nawras products. The judges acknowledged the simplified navigation, enhancing the customer experience at every click with a vibrant and intuitive menu that showcases the way the company is doing more to make every website visit enjoyable and informative.
Al Balushi said: “The new site incorporates a helpful ReadSpeaker tool to offer greater accessibility for our customers preferring to listen to the content. The scrolling home page displays the latest Nawras news and promotions, allowing the customer to click the image and be transported directly to the product page for detailed information.”
Nawras has also integrated a Social Media sidebar for customers to interact instantly on the official Nawras Facebook and Twitter page. Customers can use the website to view videos on the exclusive Nawras YouTube channel and follow the company on LinkedIn, as well as having the ability to share the webpage with a friend.
The new site features a comprehensive network coverage guide to show the recently turbocharged 3G+ and the new 4G network coverage areas, informing customers where faster and superfast mobile broadband internet is now being enjoyed as more sites are activated. Customers can check the coverage in their area using the interactive map that guides website visitors to the location of their nearest Nawras store and self service machines. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming