Avaya boosts Collaboration Pods portfolio
Santa Clara (US), April 25, 2013
Avaya, a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, has announced the launch of its first offering within its Collaboration Pods portfolio to speed up cloud deployments for enterprises and cloud service providers .
Avaya Collaboration Pod for Avaya Aura Virtualized Environments represents a new model for deploying real-time virtualized communication and collaboration applications that accelerates and simplifies the path to public and private clouds, said a statement from the company.
The Collaboration Pod for Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment provides enterprises and Cloud Service Providers (CSP) with a full stack, plug and play communications and collaboration solution that can be deployed in hours instead of days or months.
They reduce or eliminate long planning cycles, extensive cabling, integration testing and optimization phases. The newly introduced Pod Orchestration Suite simplifies ongoing operations through a single interface for managing all Pod components.
“Adoption of new technologies in the public sector can be challenging and time consuming. The Avaya Collaboration Pod allowed us to provide cost-effective communication and collaboration solutions in a fraction of the time over other solutions,” said Jeffery Funk, the CIO of Department of General Services, State of California
Commenting on the launch, Marc Randall, the senior VP and general manager, Avaya Networking said, "The Collaboration Pods are already proving their value to enterprises and cloud service providers who are accelerating time to service, reducing data center complexity and improving application availability."
"Working with EMC and VMware, this turnkey deployment model for Avaya Aura continues Avaya’s strategy to provide high performance communications and collaboration applications that are easy to deploy, use and manage from data center to desktop and mobile devices," he stated.
Anton Prenneis, the technology evangelist, OEM Solutions, EMC Corporation said by embedding EMC’s industry-leading VNX unified storage and information management products within the Collaboration Pod, Avaya is providing enterprises and service providers with a simpler, more integrated and easy-to-deploy communications solutions.
“By combining Avaya Aura core reliability with the High Availability features of VMware vSphere®, Avaya is creating a turnkey UC platform that enables enterprises and service providers to quickly and easily deploy virtualized applications to reduce cost and complexity," explained Parag Patel, the VP, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware.
Avaya has also introduced new management orchestration capabilities to simplify ongoing operation of the Avaya Collaboration Pod.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas